The Texas Association of Addiction Professionals announces its Call for Presentations for the 2022 Annual State Conference on Addiction Studies. You are invited to submit a presentation proposal for a Breakout Session that addresses important issues facing today’s Addiction Studies.
**Attention Peer Specialists ** A special track dedicated to the Peer Specialist field at the TAAP State Conference!
Saturday, Sept 10 – Peer Day Registration is now open for the 48th Annual TAAP State Conference at a reduced rate!!
Peer Day Schedule of Events – Sept 10, 2022
7:00 AM Registration & Exhibits Open
7:00 AM Coffee Break
7:00 AM Care for the Caregiver Workshop
7:45 AM Continental Breakfast
8:30 AM Keynote Session for All Conference Attendees
10:00 AM Coffee Break
10:30 AM Ethics Workshop for Peers: Ethics Dilemmas in Peer Recovery – Valerie Fayle
12:00 PM Lunch Provided to Peer Attendees Speakers – CEU credit
1:30 PM Individual Workshop for Peers
Culturally Congruent Wellness & Recovery Support Services – Annie Powell and Joe Powell
3:00 PM Conference Concludes *Schedule subject to change
Special Reduced Registration Rate of $20 for Peer Specialists to attend the Saturday Peer Day Workshops and Luncheon!
- Amazing professional development opportunity.
- Collaborate with experts in the field.
- Presenters receive one complimentary conference registration.
- Receive recognition for and feedback about your practice or program.
- Expand your professional portfolio.
- Be part of a dynamic community that has made TAAP’s conference the “must-attend” event for over 47 years.
All proposals should include the following:
- Engaging program format that involves the audience and stimulates discussion.
- Preference will be given to presentations that include participant involvement and provide practical skills training. We recognize that our field of practice is constantly evolving. We welcome presentations in the areas of specialty practice that highlight approaches relevant to the work in addiction and behavioral health.
- Conceptually strong foundation, well-written, with clearly stated outcomes and appropriately documented theory, research, and/or experience.
- Qualified presenters with expertise/experience in the subject matter.
Do you have an innovative practice or cutting-edge research you want to share with your colleagues from across the addiction community? Don’t hesitate to submit your presentation proposal today!
TAAP Conferences are a great way to Network, Learn, Present, Exhibit, and Collaborate.
The TAAP annual conferences will provide a well-balanced educational experience focusing on the needs of addiction-focused professionals. Innovative sessions and cutting-edge presenters will provide the education you need to get ahead in your job and provide the hours you need for your certification or license.
Earn Continuing Education Credits
The TAAP annual conferences will include keynote speakers, daily plenary sessions, breakout workshops, TAAP Political Action Committee meetings, and most conferences will feature an all-day, pre-conference seminar. The conferences also feature Award Luncheons honoring outstanding addiction-focused professionals from around the state. There are also optional evening events, to allow you more time to network with some of the brightest professionals in the industry. There is always time to enjoy your visit to each location, taking in the sights, historical, and cultural heritage.
Interested in volunteering for one of the TAAP conferences? Here’s what you need to know:
The volunteer program is only open to members of TAAP. Not yet a member? Click Here for membership rates and information. Volunteers will be awarded full-conference access for the day(s) they volunteer.
The conference volunteer programs are very popular. We receive many more applications than available shifts and not everyone who applies will receive a shift. Once the schedule is fully staffed, names will be added to the conference volunteer waitlist. We will notify potential volunteers by e-mail.
You can increase your odds of being selected by:
- Submitting your application early
- Selecting multiple days and times you are available for volunteer shifts
|TAAP Awards & Scholarships|
The deadline has been extended to July 31st!!
Let’s make sure that Fort Worth TAAp is represented at the State TAAP Conference this year!!
Applications are now OPEN!!
State TAAP awards include:
TAAP Hall of Fame
Counselor of the Year
Terry D. Hale Professional of the Year
D. Frank Davis Professional and Community Outreach Award
Please click the link below to nominate someone today:
State TAAP Scholarships available are listed below:
John Peña Scholarship
TAAP Student Scholarship
Please click the link below to apply for a state TAAP scholarship: